2017 Maryland Youth Triathlon Series
Now in its seventh season, the Maryland Youth Triathlon Series was the first of its kind youth triathlon series in Maryland. Formed in 2011 by the Frederick Kids Triathlon, Truxtun Youth Triathlon, Columbia Association Kids Triathlon and Nottingham Kids Triathlon, the Series continues to inform, educate and encourage youth triathletes across the state.
2017 Maryland Youth Triathlon Series Races
Series Race 1: June 3, Frederick Kids Triathlon, Middletown
Series Race 2: June 18, Truxtun Youth Triathlon, Annapolis
Series Race 3: July 23, Columbia Association Kids Triathlon, Columbia
Series Race 5: August 26, Nottingham Kids Triathlon, Mount Airy
Overall Series Winners to be Awarded in 2017
The Maryland Youth Triathlon Series will be awarding overall Series winners across four age groups for both girls and boys.
Series Eligibility and Scoring
- Series scoring will apply to athletes ages 7 to 15 as of December 31, 2017
- Triathletes must participate in at least two races to be Series eligible.
- The top 10 finishers in each age group at each race will earn Series points.
- The top two scores for each triathlete will be tallied to determine Series standings at the conclusion of the Nottingham Kids Triathlon.
- The three girls and three boys with the most Series points in each age group will be awarded First, Second and Third Place and recognized at the Nottingham Kids Triathlon.
- In the event of a tie between two or more triathletes, the size of each race's age group will be weighted with a larger field carrying more weight than a smaller one.
- Ties will only be broken for the top three places.
1st place in age group = 60 points
2nd place in age group = 50 points
3rd place in age group = 42 points
4th place in age group = 35 points
5th place in age group = 30 points
6th place in age group = 25 points
7th place in age group = 20 points
8th place in age group = 15 points
9th place in age group = 10 points
10th place in age group = 5 points
Series Age Groups
- The Frederick Kids Triathlon is open to 6 year-olds. Since this is the only race in the Series open to 6 year-olds, they will not be eligible for Series scoring.
- The Truxtun Youth Triathlon is open to 16 and 17 year-olds. Since this is the only race in the Series open to 16 and 17 year-olds, they will not be eligible for Series scoring.
- Regardless of an individual race’s age groupings, the age groups above will be used for Series scoring.
- If a race is modified to a duathlon or aquathlon for any reason, Series points will still be awarded for that race.
- If a race is modified to a run-only format or canceled for any reason, no Series points will be awarded for that race.
- Series standings will be updated two weeks after each race and posted to the Mini Cow Tri website.
- Series events are individually owned and operated. Not all Series events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.