2018 Maryland Youth Triathlon Series
In 2011, the Maryland Youth Triathlon Series was the first of its kind youth triathlon series in the region. Now in its eighth season, the Series includes four events from early June through late August and continues to encourage young triathletes across the state by offering triathlons just for them.
2018 Maryland Youth Triathlon Series Races
Series Race 1: June 2, Frederick Kids Triathlon, Middletown
Series Race 2: July 14, Hagerstown Youth Triathlon, Hagerstown
Series Race 3: July 22, Columbia Association Kids Triathlon, Columbia
Series Race 4: August 25, Nottingham Kids Triathlon, Mount Airy
Overall Series Winners to be Awarded in 2018
The Maryland Youth Triathlon Series will be awarding overall Series winners across four age groups for both girls and boys.
Series Eligibility and Scoring
- Series scoring will apply to athletes ages 7 to 15 as of December 31, 2018
- Triathletes must participate in at least two races to be Series eligible.
- The top 10 finishers in each age group at each race will earn Series points.
- The top two scores for each triathlete will be tallied to determine Series standings throughout and at the conclusion of the Series.
- The three girls and three boys with the most Series points in each age group will be awarded First, Second and Third Place and recognized at the Nottingham Kids Triathlon.
- In the event of a tie between two or more triathletes, the tie will go to the triathlete that participated in three races. If more than one triathlete participated in three races the size of each race's age group will be weighted with a larger field carrying more weight than a smaller one.
- Ties will only be broken for the top three places.
1st place in age group = 60 points
2nd place in age group = 50 points
3rd place in age group = 42 points
4th place in age group = 35 points
5th place in age group = 30 points
6th place in age group = 25 points
7th place in age group = 20 points
8th place in age group = 15 points
9th place in age group = 10 points
10th place in age group = 5 points
Series Age Groups
- Races with age groups younger than USAT race age 7 will not be eligible for Series scoring.
- Regardless of an individual race’s age groupings, the age groups above will be used for Series scoring.
- If a race is modified to a duathlon or aquathlon for any reason, Series points will still be awarded for that race.
- If a race is modified to a run-only format or canceled for any reason, no Series points will be awarded for that race.
- Series standings will be updated two weeks after each race and posted to the Mini Cow Tri website.
- Series events are individually owned and operated. Not all Series events are USA Triathlon sanctioned.