Development Team is for new or recreational triathletes ages 7–13 (born in 2005–2011). Triathletes will practice one day per week mid-April through late August and should commit to participate in at least two team designated races.
Practice Schedule and Locations
Development Team practices will be on Sunday evenings mid-April through mid-June and then move to Tuesday evenings through August. The Development Team practices in Carroll and Howard Counties and locations will vary depending upon the practice focus. Locations include Health Unlimited Family Fitness & Aquatic Center, Old National Pike Park, Parrs Ridge Elementary School, Western Regional Park, and Lake Linganore.
- Previous triathlon experience is not necessary, but children should be able to swim 50 yards, confidently ride a bike without training wheels, and run for 10 minutes continuously. Development Team is not intended to be a learn-to-swim or learn-to-ride program.
- Appropriate swim apparel (e.g. one-piece for girls, jammers for boys) including a swim cap and goggles are required.
- Development Team triathletes may use any style bike and must have a bicycle-style helmet with a working chin strap.
- Running specific shoes are required.
- Road ID or similar emergency identification band.
- Development Team membership for new and returning triathletes is TBD.
- USA Triathlon membership valid through at least August 31, 2018 is required. USAT youth membership, purchased separately, is just $10 per 12 months for triathletes under 18 years old.
- Triathletes new to the team will receive a Triathlete Starter Kit which includes elastic speed laces, and Mini Cow Tri branded water bottle, race belt, transition towel and sticker.
- Development Team uniforms start at approximately $135.
- Race registration fees and travel costs are not included and are the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
Email Coach Christy at email@example.com.